This designated building is the latest site of the Cornwall Public Library. It began as the Cornwall Post Office and when the post office was closed it was renovated and became the Cornwall Public Library. It was designated in 1997.
Built in 1953 and used as a post office until 1995, the renovation/restoration resulted in a state-of-the art Regional level library facility. This library relocation project has demonstrated that adaptive re-use of existing built fabric is physically and financially feasible. Extensive attention has been put towards restoring the limestone façade and aluminium-framed windows, as well as, the black marble interior façade.