Grammar School 39 Fourth St. East
This designated building is considered to be one of the buildings in the evolution of historic Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School. The school's history dates back to 1803 and is considered the oldest continually operated school in Ontario.
The building's front façade features a central doorway flanked by a window on each side. The red brick exterior walls are accentuated at the corners and openings with yellow brick which gives a pleasing appearance to the structure. The narrow side lights and modified fan light in the main entrance are tastefully balanced with a low rectangular porch that like dates to the relocation and renovation of the building in 1877. All of these exterior elements are an integral part of the overall character of this significant Cornwall building and as such are worthy of preservation.