Welcome to Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall
Minutes from our committee meetings
Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall Meeting
Thurs. Jan 7, 2021 - Virtual ZOOM Meeting
Present: Joan Gaudreau Ginette Guy Debbie Ledoux (Chair)
Carole Libbey Don Smith
Absent: Maurice Dupelle Sophie Jean Sean Lee Aleida Sturkenboom
City Rep: Kaveen Fernando
1. Call to order – 6:35 pm
Welcomed Kaveen Fernando who has been appointed as the City Rep
2. Approval of Agenda and Minutes from Dec. 3rd Virtual Zoom meeting moved by G. Guy, seconded by J. Gaudreau
3. Correspondence – Nil
4. Treasurer’s Report: C. Libbey The report for December was emailed to members. The closing balance as of Jan. 6th is $20, 321.
The 2021 Budget has been submitted to the City.
5. Business Arising
a) Historic Square Mile- Signage Design:
High Schools art classes will not be asked to submit designs for the signs due to the pandemic. It was decided to hire an artist. K. Fernando will obtain the contact info for the designer of the BIA signs.
c) Tiny Forest-Bench: Cornwall City Press has been selected to provide the plaque. Delivery should be in early 2021.
d) Heritage Fair: D. Smith reported on interviews for broadcast on Cogeco.
- A rep. From U.E.L. has been interviewed to outline the Loyalist Conference being held in Cornwall this year.
- Cogeco will broadcast 5 episodes of 3 interviews each. The schedule will be decided shortly.
- $400 has been budgeted for public relations. Beside social media outlets, notices will also be put on the City page in Std Freeholder (K. Fernando) and Cornwall Local (G. Guy)
- D. Ledoux advised Cornwall Square that the Fair will be held virtually due to the pandemic.
e) Commemorative Plaques for non-designated properties
- D. Ledoux reported no further progress. She will follow up with S. Jean who will have a plaque made for her house.
6. New Business
a) Locomotive 17: there has been further discussions regarding the fate of the locomotive. Expect the City to make a decision shortly.
8. Next Meeting – Thurs. Feb. 4th, 2021
9. Adjournment - 7:30 pm