Minutes from our committee meetings
Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall Meeting
Thurs. Sept. 5, 2019 - Cornwall Public LibraryPresent Debbie Ledoux (Chair) Joan Gaudreau Ginette Guy Sophie Jean Sean Lee Carole Libbey Don Smith Aleida Sturkenboom Absent: Maurice Dupelle
City Rep: Karl Doyle Kaveen Fernando – Dev. Planner
- Approval of Agenda and Approval of Minutes from July 4th, 2019; moved by J. Gaudreau, seconded by D. Ledoux
Kaveen Fernando – Development Planner was introduced. He will attend Committee Meetings when K. Doyle is not available.
3. Treasurer’s Report- C. Libbey reported an
operating balance of $20,833 as at Sept. 4th. Acceptance moved by C. Libbey; seconded by J. Gaudreau
4. Business Arising
- Cornwall Room Volunteer Schedule Wed. 2-4 - circulated
- #17 Locomotive –
Jean Lemoine, Pres. SD&G
Historical Society, gave a presentation on the need to celebrate Cornwall’s Industrial
- Recognition of Historic Square Mile
A working group, J. Gaudreau, D. Smith, A. Sturkenboom and K. Doyle, will meet at the end of Sept. to determine where landmarks in the original square mile are to be noted with banners on existing street signs. S. Jean has designed some banners for this. It was suggested that a bench with commemorative plaque be also strategically placed.
- Workshop in Brockville
– Sept. 17 9:30 to 3:30
Attending will be J. Gaudreau, G. Guy, S. Lee, D. Smith and A. Sturkenboom
- Heritage Awards 2020 G. Guy will ask for suggestions on facebook
- Navy Club 6th St.
has postponed closure and sale for 2 years pending an attempt to reorganize.
- Chesley’s Inn has won the prestigious National Trust Award for heritage preservation.
6. Next Meeting – Oct. 3rd, 2019