Minutes from our committee meetings
Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall Meeting Agenda
Thurs. Jan. 10, 2019 - Cornwall Public Library
Present: Carol Boileau Debbie Ledoux (Chair) Joan Gaudreau
Carole Libbey Don Smith
Absent: Maurice Dupelle Gerry Roy Shannon Thompson Marjorie Vallee
City Rep: Karl Doyle
Approval of Minutes with corrections from Nov. 1. 2018: moved by J. Gaudreau, seconded by C. Libbey
4) Business Arising
- Cornwall Room Schedule was circulated
- Tour of East Front Development In Nov., the developer, N. Peladeau, gave the Committee a very interested and enthusiastic tour of the former school which he is developing into a retirement residence.
- Grammar School update on maintenance - K. Doyle The owner is now proceeding with the renovations necessary to preserve this historic building.
- Heritage Fair February 2019 - D. Ledoux Cornwall Square has been booked for Sat. 23rd. This is to be confirmed with the new owners.6 Heritage groups have indicated they would participate.
f. CHO Heritage Conference – May 30 to June 1 in Goderich Interested Committee members are to register before April 30th to qualify for reduced rate.
5) New Business
- Heritage Awards 2019 - 2 possible recipients were identified
- Si Miller Project - A meeting was held with interested participants in Dec. Pierre Giroux has presented an impressive plaque for Water Street which Heritage Conwall will finance.
- New Municipal Term – new members not yet appointed
- CHO – the $75 membership fee and email addresses to be submitted when new members appointed
- # 17 Locomotive – no updates. No response from Moccasin Railroad Club regarding fund raising nor from a locomotive restoration foundation regarding assistance.
- 2019 Objectives - printing of Pitt St. book on heritage properties
6) Next Meeting –Thursday Feb. 7th, 2019
7) Adjournment at 7:55 pm