Minutes from our committee meetings
Heritage-Patrimoine Cornwall Meeting
Thurs. Oct. 3, 2019 - Cornwall Public LibraryPresent Debbie Ledoux (Chair) Joan Gaudreau Ginette Guy Sophie Jean Carole Libbey Don Smith Aleida Sturkenboom
Absent: Maurice Dupelle Ginette Guy Sean Lee
City Rep: Karl Doyle
- Approval of Agenda and Approval of Minutes from Sept. 5th, 2019; moved by J. Gaudreau, seconded by A. Sturkenboom
- Remarks/Correspondence – Nil
- Treasurer’s Report- C. Libbey reported an operating balance of $20,829 as at Oct.
3rd. Acceptance moved by C. Libbey;
seconded by J. Gaudreau
4. Business Arising
- Cornwall Room
Volunteer Schedule Wed. 2-4 - circulated
- #17 Locomotive
–SD&G Historical Society to make a presentation on the need to celebrate
Cornwall’s Industrial background to City Council in November.
- Recognition of Historic Square Mile
A working group, J. Gaudreau, D. Smith, A. Sturkenboom and K. Doyle, will meet with City reps on Oct. 10th to discuss where the original square mile is to be recognized with banners.. D. Smith is to take pictures of the 4 corners.
- Library Tiny Forest
Transition Cornwall will be planting shrubs and low level trees along the east wall of the Library.
Heritage Cornwall will be donating a bench with commemorative plaque to be placed near this forest.
- Workshop in Brockville
– Sept. 17 9:30 to 3:30
A good conference for new and long term heritage advocates.
- Members agreed to continue monthly meetings on the first Thursday of each month.
- Robertson House Demolition – it was agreed by attending members that there does not remain any significant heritage markers.
- St. Croix Church – First St. E and
D. Smith advised that this building has been sold and converted to a sikh temple.
- Non- Designated properties listing to be updated and photos taken
- Updating Plaques for Designated Properties - Captain MacDonald’s House and Wood House Museum
- Next Meeting –
Nov. 7th, 2019
- Adjournment – 8:10 pm