St. Columban's Rectory 36 Fourth St. West
St. Columban's Rectory has been in continuous use as such since it was constructed in 1874 under the supervision of Father Charles B. Murray. Several of the pastors of the parish who lived there were extremely active members of the community and the city as a whole benefited from their work. Father George Corbet, who was pastor from 1890 to 1932 and Msgr. R. J. MacDonald, 1951-1968 were the longest serving pastors of St. Columban's and were also well known and respected in the city.
The architectural reasons for designation included Second Empire domestic architecture with mansard roof and detailing. Included are the original balusters, banister and newal post oak on the interior stairway leading to the second floor.